NHS Osteopath South London United Kingdom SAVE W
This job is no longer accepting applications.
NHS Osteopath South London United Kingdom via Workplace Doctors on a fixed term / permanent basis.
• **AHP Grade: Osteopath
• **Location: South London United Kingdom
• **Duration: Fixed Term (12 months with extension) / Permanent
• **Pay Rate: £Negotiable (dependent on experience £28,076 to £39,693)
• **Start Date: Flexible
• **HCPC Registration Required (Health & Care Professionals Council) Or General Osteopathic Council Essential
TIER 2 CERTIFICATE OF SPONSORSHIP (formerly Work Permit)
Applications from Health & Care Professionals who require a Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK, we welcome and will consider all Health & Care Professionals with appropriate experience alongside all EU and UK trained Health & Care Professionals, upon appointment the relevant paperwork will be issued to the successful applicant- if required
As an osteopath, you’ll use touch, physical manipulation, stretching and massage to treat patients with a range of conditions, including:
• back pain
• joint pain
• digestive disorders.
You may also provide advice on posture and exercise to encourage faster recovery and help prevent problems reoccurring.
You’ll take a holistic approach to treating patients, looking at the underlying causes of the illness and not just the symptoms.
As an osteopath, you’ll need to:
• take detailed case histories from new patients, including both general health (lifestyle and diet) and specific symptoms
• assess the patient’s general posture and check for restrictions or tensions in joints or muscles by asking them to perform a series of active movements
• undertake physical examinations by using a highly refined sense of touch (palpation) to identify any restricted, weak or strained areas of the body
• make a working diagnosis and plan treatment in partnership with the patient
• provide appropriate treatments using soft tissue techniques, gentle release techniques and other appropriate methods, such as cranial osteopathy
• make lifestyle and dietary recommendations to patients in areas such as posture, eating, exercise and relaxation
• refer patients to their GP or other specialists, if required
• maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records.
You’ll need to show:
• good communication and coordination skills
• the ability to show empathy and work sensitively with a range of patients
• strong observational skills, a logical approach and the ability to problem solve in order to diagnose effectively
• initiative, independence and business awareness.
This job title and description is an outline of the principal areas of responsibility and may be subject to periodic change. These duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be called upon to adapt to and undertake different or new appropriate duties as may be required in line with professional and service developments, within the grading level of the post and the competence of the post holder. Prior to any variations to your job description consultation will take place in line with the Trust’s policies and procedures
• **Ability to act part of a team
• **Ability to cope with a varying work load
• **IELTS ( 7.5 with 7.0 in each module) – OR OET Exam Grade ‘B’ Overall for Overseas AHP Professionals
• **HCPC Registration Required (Health & Care Professionals Council) Or General Osteopathic Council Essential – We can provide guidance if needed
Note: The trust operates a policy whereby all employment for staff that have access to children / venerable adults will be subject to satisfactory DBS Disclosure ( Disclosure and Barring Service) The Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and the independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) have merged to become the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Overseas candidates will require an international police check or character reference.
At Workplace Doctors we welcome all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion. Candidates will be offered an interview providing they meet the minimum criteria for the post.
Workplace Doctors is a recruitment agency that offers locum, fixed term and permanent medical jobs for Doctors, Nurses & AHP Medical professionals.
(AHP) Allied Health Professionals Guide to working in the UK – Click here
Call Us today on +441234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV with your HCPC / GOsC registration to firstname.lastname@example.org You are also able to apply online (see below
Your application has been successfully submitted.