Ara Institute of Canterbury
Christchurch, New Zealand
Madras Street Campus/Christchurch
Permanent, 1.0 FTE
- Join the Ara team in delivering our innovative new programmes the Bachelor of Musculoskeletal Health (BMSkH) and the Postgraduate Diploma in Osteopathy.
- Teach and guide students to gain the the above qualification leading them to apply for registration as an Osteopath at the completion of their study.
Ara Institute of Canterbury Ltd is a vibrant and progressive tertiary institute providing world-class, tertiary-level education throughout the Canterbury and Waitaki region. Our talented staff, innovative business collaborators and supportive community partners are passionate about the role they play in our students' success.
The Department of Applied Sciences and Social Practice offers a range of programmes from entry level through to master's degree for those working in or seeking careers in the wider health and wellbeing sectors. These include programmes in Health & Wellbeing, Social Work, Musculoskeletal Health, Osteopathy & Applied Sciences.
We are looking for applications from registered Osteopaths with a degree in Osteopathy education, or related discipline, who are innovative and passionate about Osteopathy. This role will involve teaching in theory, clinical and simulation courses in the Bachelor of Musculoskeletal Health and in the Postgraduate Diploma in Osteopathy. In particular we are looking for applicants who have strong backgrounds in Musculoskeletal Health disciplines, Clinical Anatomy, Functional Movement (biomechanics) and Manual Therapy techniques.
The successful applicant will work with a team of staff who are experienced educators.
- Registered Osteopath with a current New Zealand practicing certificate
- A degree in Osteopathy, education, or a related discipline
- Certificate of Tertiary Teaching and Learning Level 5, or a willingness to complete an adult teaching qualification
- A minimum of three years full-time clinical experience as a registered osteopath.
Enjoy excellent employment conditions, professional and skill development, a great central city location and access to modern on-site facilities including Gym/Recreation Centre with free staff yoga and group fitness sessions, Library, Visions on Campus Restaurant, two Childcare Centres and a Health Centre.
We accept applications via our online application system.
If you have any queries in relation to the vacancy or application process, please contact the People and Culture team via PeopleandCulture@ara.ac.nz or 03 940 8623. Emailed applications will not be considered.
Your application has been successfully submitted.